Friday, August 7, 2009

Technology Equality

In today's classroom technology is ever changing. In most schools the advancement and upgrade in technology is on pace but it is a common trend especially in lower economic schools that students do not have access to new technology. In my classroom I will try to teach my students new ways to gain information through technology while keeping in mind that there is a diverse knowledge base and not all students have the same access.

I do think that it would be a disservice to my students to not teach them how to gain information though or how to use technology. In our world today when students get jobs the world requires them to be able to use technology. If our students aren't learning technology skills in school then we are setting them up for failure.

If we as teachers know about the updates in technology and how important it is, then way not use it to teach our kids and teach them how to gain new information. I will have many options for my students to gain technological information. I will allow them to use many different resources such as the internet, podcasts, the county library if they don't have access at home and so on.

Students come from different backgrounds at home and also come from different technological backgrounds. I need to be sensitive to this diversity when I teach but at the same time I must have high expectations for my students in order to teach them the tools needed for advancement in life. Technology is always changing and so is our world, it is going to be my job to prepare our youth for this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment