I just recently googled my own name and also did a search using pipl.com. I was surprised to find out how many links came up that I was included in. After I completed the search only a handful of websites actually included my name or myself. I spell my name with a Y and most of what came up included people who spell their name Jason instead of Jayson like I do.
There were only 5 websites which I was included and they were myspace.com, facebook.com, oregonlive.com, goviks.com and signmetoroadrunnerrecords.com. The reason these popped up is because I either have a myspace or facebook page, or there was an article written about me on the other sites.
The only reason I have a myspace or facebook account is to keep in touch with old friends or for band reasons. I have a personal myspace and facebook but I am also in a band with my brother which has its own myspace. I also showed up on signmetoroadrunnerrecords.com's website because my band has a site on their web page also.
I showed up on oregonlive and goviks because when I was in high school there were several articles written in the local paper that included me because I played many sports and those teams either won a championship or made it to the state playoffs. I also threw the shot put and discus for Portland State University so that is why articles were written about me on their website.
As far as being professional and protected as I become a teacher I think I am O.K. All my personal myspace or facebook pages are private and I don't have any bad pictures or content that will get me in trouble. I will continue to have these pages and there wasn't anything that came up in my searches that I am alarmed at so I think I am safe. I won't be changing my internet habits anytime soon.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment